Friday, May 15, 2015

letter from April 6

I don't have a lot of time to write this week. Conference was great! I loved a great many of the talks that were given. They talked a lot about the family. I loved Henry B Eyrings talk in priesthood session. We were able to watch it all in English. One thing that really hit me is a statement I heard, I'm not sure if it was a question but the way I heard it was: Is the flesh an instrument or master of my spirit? Isn't that powerful! One of our greatest challenges I believe in the mortal life is to overcome the flesh, only by obtaining a body could we be perfected and exalted. It is the body/flesh that will either exalt us or drag us down to hell. We must overcome the natural man and become as God. The most important part of conference was afterwards when we set goals and now begin to apply the things we learned.

This week we have continued working with less actives and a few investigators that we have. But general conference was the highlight. My companion is great! We are getting along good. Hope all is well at home! Love and miss you all. 

I know that the church is true, and that we are guided by prophets and apostles. We are so blessed to be here during the restoration of the gospel! Families can be together forever! Love you all!

Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment