Monday, November 10, 2014

Wise Men Still Seek Him

Mom,

I know you want a long letter, but I have no idea what to write this week. It was a normal week. We had a family come to church yesterday with a baptismal date for the 15th of November. We found some new people this week as well, which was good. My Spanish is pretty dang good. I usually can't hold a super great conversation in English and writing seems to be much easier. I've learned a lot this week. I've thought a lot about love. 1 John 4 is a great chapter. I wish I knew how to love God better. There a song that says "Learn to love Thee" or something like that. Perfect love gets rid of fear. He loved us so much that he gave his life for everyone. Even those who hated Him, who will never accept him. We can't even turn the other cheek half the time. God is merciful though, He gave us everything we need to become like him. Jesus Christ is the light and the life of the world. There's a Mormon message called " Wise Men Still Seek Him". It's super good.  You should watch it. Why don't the people hear our message and just feel that its not just a message, it life eternal? 
This sector is okay. There are parts that are pretty poor. We get wet a lot. It pours every day here. It's just me and my companion in this sector. This ward is actually really rough. Hardly any support from the members, or the bishopric, the church in this country is a lot different than our country, I imagine it's like that around the world. There isn't support here like the states. If someone is sick or pregnant they are on their own. In the states they don't have to cook a meal. But whatever, we just do the best we can.
 
Love,
 
Elder Peterson 

No comments:

Post a Comment