Thursday, October 1, 2015

9/21/15

Hey mom and dad,

We are working super hard. I have only 20 minutes to write. We had a zone conference this week with President. It was really good. In our meeting with the zone, the one we have every week without President we talked about loving the gospel. There is a line in chapter 3 of Preach My Gospel on the first page of that chapter that says we should believe, teach, love and live those principles of the gospel. As I read it this week I realized I have never prayed much attention to the word love. There is a difference obviously between understanding the gospel and loving the gospel. Loving the gospel leads us to be diligent in our callings, trust in God 100%, have charity and not just love it (the gospel) but love everyone around us, because we understand that the worth of soul is great in the sight of God. I don't have time to explain everything I would like to so suffice it to say that I am coming to love the gospel more every day. I have always understood it, maybe not with my heart but I have understood it. The mission has been the best thing that has ever happened to me. And I esteem it of great worth. I don't know what else to say. I know that the Lord works line upon line and precept upon precept, slowly almost unnoticeably he has been changing my heart, he has been helping me become a better person. I wish I could be a missionary forever. Every moment is so precious. For some reason I'm at a loss for words. Love you all so much, I'll try and send some pictures real soon!

Elder Peterson





No comments:

Post a Comment