Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Loose Yourself in the Lord

Hey guys,

I don't have a lot of time to write. This has been one of the craziest weeks of my mission. I have also learned a lot. Most of my letters have been rushed lately. Hopefully next week will be better. This week I've seen things that I didn't think I'd ever see. It's been really crazy.

For now I will just say that I owe everything I have to the mission. It is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I had a spiritual experience that I would like to share. Sunday night as I knelt down to pray I felt overwhelmed, stressed out, frustrated and even angry. I started to pray expressing my feelings to my Heavenly Father and asking for peace and forgiveness for my mistakes of the day. My thoughts were very confused and just all over the place. Then a voice inside my head said, "Stop worrying about yourself". I knew it must of come from the Spirit because I was only thinking about myself. So, for the next few minutes, I poured out my heart in prayer for those who truly are struggling. Those who are lost and who may have even lost hope. I prayed for everyone I could think of including the missionaries in my zone. As I did, the peace that I was so desperately seeking began to wash over me. For me, it gave new meaning to the words of the Savior, "He who looseth his life shall find it." 
 
I look back on who I was 4 years ago, 2 years ago, even a few months ago and it is hard to imagine that I ever was who I was. I am forever indebted to my Savior. I know that it is only because and through His atonement that I have been able to become what I have.
I know Christ lives. He loves us. We are guided by living prophets and apostles. We are a part of the most glorious work that has ever existed: the immortality and eternal life of man. I love you all so much. Have a great week!
 
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment