Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bad news! - Week 3 at the MTC

Mom,

Glad to hear everything is going well. I guess I'm going to have to start this letter off with bad news. Tuesday morning playing volleyball I jumped up and landed on someone elses foot. I heard a giant crack as I rolled my ankle coming down. It hurt really bad. Anyway, someone went and got me a wheelchair and took me to the doctor. My ankle was the size of a baseball on one side and it hurt really bad on the other. The doctor looked at my foot and decided I better get an xray. So we came back at 2:30 and left for Mexico city to get an xray. It was about an hour drive. We got back with xrays and the doctor here thought I fractured it, but he got a second opinion and decided that it was probably not a fracture and if it was then it was minor. But I sprained it severly and the crack I heard was probably from a tendon slipping over a bone or something. Anyway, I'll send some pictures of my foot. It's still pretty swollen and black and blue. I have to stay in this wheel chair for the next couple days at least and then hopefully I will be able to use crutches. They just wrapped my ankle and I ice it every night. I had to use my debit card here to get some ib profen and stuff so sorry about that. I'm getting way more attention in this wheelchair than I like. I also haven't minded having a companion until now. I'm pretty independent and it's been a little adjustment but now its really hard on me. I have to depend on him for everything now which is difficult for me because I want to be able to do it myself, but I can't in this dang wheelchair. I am keeping a positive attitude though! I trust myself in the Lords hands and I have a feeling I will heal fast with his help and by his will. I'm sure I'm supposed to learn somethuing from this trial and I plan to do that. 

As far as everything else goes, I'm doing fine. I'm still learning so much here. I've never found that there was so much to learn from every little part of the scriptures since I got here. I think part of it is because I'm not just studying for myself but every person I may ever have the opportunity to teach in the next two years. Through the spirit there is so much to learn, its amazing! My Spanish is still improving but it is coming a little slower than it did at first. The food here is pretty much the same as always haha. I haven't gotten any mail yet here so I'm not sure what you should do about my patriarticle blessing. To answer your question I should have the same companion for my time here which is nice because we get along really good. I haven't learned much else about Ecuador but have met a couple people from there.

I am going to wrap up this weeks letter by saying I know the church is true! That is why I'm here. I'm so grateful for my Savior and I'm so grateful for what he has done for me. The Book of Mormon is true. I know that with all my heart. Joseph Smith was a prophet and through him God restored the gospel in these latter days. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers prayers and that through faith in him we can accomplish anything! Something I've really liked is that at the end of these two years I'm not done. He asks us to serve him for our whole lives and that is what I want to do!  I really like the scripture Mosiah 2:24.

Yo se que la iglesia es verdadero! Es la razon estoy aqui. Estoy muy agredecido por mi Salvador y por que lo que él teniá hacer para mi. El libro de mormon es verdadero, you se que con todo mi corazon. José Smith fue un profeta y mediante su, Dios restoró el evangelio en estos ultimos dias.  yo se que Padre Celestial contesta nuestras oraciones y mediante fe en él podemos hacer todos cosas. 

I love and miss you all,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment