Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 2 at the MTC

Dear Family,


So glad to hear from you! First off before I forget we are skyping from 4-430 on Sunday. You will have to calculate the time change because I'm not sure what time it will be there. Anyway, things are great here. I'm pretty sure we have bed bugs and the mosquitos are really bad. I'm taking the florify but I'm also getting a cough which stinks.

Lets see, where to start...we have been learning a lot. The days are really long. We have so much stuff packed into one day, it's crazy. Myself and all the other Elders and Hermanas in my district get a long really well, which is good. The four of us Elders who are going to Quito are pretty close. I am learning so much here! The language is coming along really good, faster than I thought possible, but that is definately more God than me. I've learned so much from the scriptures in these past 2 weeks than ever before. I realize that I dont think I've ever really, really studied them before like I have here. I always get some impression like study this in paticular and I write them all down but I never have time to do it all. You think you would have tons of time to study the scriptures, but maybe in total, it amounts to an hour or two a day. Which probably sounds like a lot but right here and right now it doesnt feel like a lot. I am just amazed still at all I am learning and how much the spirit has taught me. I've seen so many blessings from living the missionary life. The spirit is so strong. I feel it always. I also have so much love for my Savior. It grows every day, every time I get to teach a lesson about what he has done for each of us, hopefully you wont get sick of me saying this. Invitar a las personas a venir a Cristo. Invite other to come unto Christ, that is the first line of our missionary purpose and that is what I want to do. I want everyone to feel of his love, to know what he has done for them. I'm so excited to get out into the field! I shared this quote with Dad  and I really like it because I've often told myself that if it came down to it I would be more than willing to die for this church and for my Savior. But the quote is, ´´The question is not whether we are willing to die for Christ, but whether we are willing to live for Him.´´ I really like that a lot. Dying for something you believe in wouldn't be that hard but living every day for your whole life in his service might be more of a challenge. And that is what he asks us to do, and that is what I want to do. There was a devotional we had and they talked about how we are all in debt to the Lord, which we are and that when we come home from our mission it's not just like were good, and don't owe anything else, but the fact of the matter is we will be even more in debt for all the blessings we will have recieved. 

As far as everything else is going, the food is pretty much the same always. It's not great but it's not bad. We dont ever leave the MTC except we might get to go to the visitors center near the temple here in Mexico City, but that will probably be it. The temple itself is closed and will be for a while it sounds like. As far as the investigators we have taught, the one we taught for the first week is actually our teacher now haha. We teach our teachers now everyday as if they were an actual investigator. Once a week we teach an actual volunteer who is an investigator or inactive member or something. We did it this week and I got really nervous for some reason. At the begining of the lesson I didn't know what to say. As soon as I started talking about doctrine and about Christ though, the spirit was there and all nervousness went away. That was comforting. Our days here are pretty much on the same schedule for the most part so that is good, I guess. 

Love you so much mom! I can't wait to talk to you on Sunday!

Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment