Saturday, September 20, 2014

Kaden vs Wild Dogs

Mom,
This week has been A GREAT week. I don't know what to tell you about other than the things I've learned. Oh first, I almost got killed by a dog. I had to jump about a 10ft drop running full speed to escape. It was a little scary. 2 dogs by the way. Other than that nothing terribly exciting.

We had 7 people who should have been in church and it crushed me when 3 didnt make it. Ive learned a lot about the atonement. How Christ feels when we don't make the right choices or when we put things of the world before him. The revelation I recieved is that the way I felt when those people didn't come to church is the way Christ feels when I don't get up at 6:30. I've been studying a lot about conversion and consecration. There's a great talk on how to become a consecrated missionary. It all boils down to submitting to Gods will, 100% obedience, talking to everyone, putting other passions to the side and focusing only the work. I like the scripture in ....

Mark 8:34-36  
 34 ¶And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
 35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it.
 36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?


That is the invitation of the Savior, take up your cross and follow him. Theres a scripture also that says, many are called but few are chosen. You could also say many are invited but few accept. Like the boy who said I have kept all the commandments since my youth what do I lack. The Lord responded sell everything you have give to the poor that thou shalt have treasure in heaven, and come follow me. But the boy was dissapointed and didn't accept the invitation because he had great possesions. It all comes down to conversion and consecration. When we are converted we take up our cross and follow Christ, we are ready to be rejected, rebuked, persecuted and spit upon, for his sake. Where are we in our own personal conversion should always be a question on our mind, because like Christ said what good be it if you gain the whole world and lose your own soul. We don't remember who we were before this life but we know we chose to follow Christ we chose to take up the cross. We forget there's a lot more than this life, a bigger picture, and how great and glorious the place that awaits those who took up the cross we do not know, but I hope we all end up there some day.
As far as everything here, it is all good. I'm happy, more than I've ever been, the mission is the best. Never do we get another chance like this one at least not for a long time. Little by little I am changing as I help others to change to accept the call of our Lord. I'm sad when our investigators don't reach their potential, and I'm happy when they do. We are working with a lot of people right now. I've seen the Spirit work in some of them and bless their lives. I'm grateful for the opportunity to be a servant of the Lord.


Love you mom, have a great week!
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment