Saturday, September 20, 2014

Look To Him - Poem Week 6

Look To Him             -- (2 Nephi 2:27,28)

A young man walked down a lonely road,
Thinking and pondering the things he´d been told,
As he walked down the road he saw many things,
Some good, some bad, and some in between,
Some things shiny and some things bright,
Other things more special were hidden from sight,
As he walked down the road he made many friends,
All of which stood, at yet another bend,
He followed some, and forgot others, and as he went, some followed him,
He wondered, oh how different it could have been, if he hadn´t become lost on the road he´d entered in,

But the road led ever onward, never ceasing, never stopping,
Pressing forward he went, sometimes tripping, sometimes dropping,
All the while others beckoned, "come follow me",
So he did or he didn't, but never did he flee,
Time went by and the road went on, and the young man remembered the things he´d been told,
He remembered the teachings, the lessons, the thoughts, and finally decided to be bold,
He took a small book and walked down a road,
And as he read, a burning in his heart replaced the cold,
He knew at once that what he held-
-was more precious, more special, than any could tell.

Rapidly, suddenly, the road began to curve,
So quickly, and fast, it was more like a swerve,
As he continued on he knew the path was good, 
So he pressed onward and onward liking where he stood,

As time went on the man began to change,
But the road became harder and brought more pain,
Familiar faces and things came back once again,
He pressed onward, forward, until once more he did give,
Oh why, he wondered, to this place he was sent,
And he wondered at length if he wanted to live,
Laying in the dust much less than a man,
His heart was broken, ready to give in,
But never willing to quit he stood once more, saying I can do it, I can, I´ll try once more.

He looked once more down the road, searching, wanting, to know where to go,
Not knowing what to do, he cried in one desperate plea, 
"Help me, please help me, my Father, my King",
He begged and he plead for something so small, 
And then as he cried, he looked, and at last he saw,
A man, stood, with His arms stretched wide,
Saying, "come follow me", he begged and he cried,
The young man now with hope in his eye,
Stood and asked, "why, oh why do you cry?"

The man responded:
I cry because it took you so long,
For I´ve been waiting here all along,
At last you did see and did try,
And let me, walk by your side,
And finally, you fell and you cried,
Someone oh someone, please help me survive,
At last you did look and did see,
I was here waiting for you to come unto me,
Now give me your pack that weighs you down,
Stand tall, walk on, please don't frown,

Follow this path, for it is good, I am with you,
Although one more thing, i must ask you to do,
My brother, my friend, for this thing i plead,
As you go, please, bring others unto me,
So this man once a boy said, "I will do this for thee."

Pressing onward once again he walked a new road,
Determined, convinced, to do what he´d been told,
He didnt falter, or stumble, and walked without fear,
Because he knew, without a doubt, his friend was near,
Waiting and watching, always ready to hear.
Now this young man looks forward to the day,
Where once more he will fall to his knees and say,
"My friend, my Lord, my King,
I made it to thee, and look, at all i did bring",
In that day he will bathe the Master´s feet with tears,
Overwhelmed with joy, lacking doubts or fears,
Work he will until that glorious day,
Continue on the path, never falter or stray,
He will never forget, the one and only way.

To this way, others he will bring,
To his brother, his friend, his Savior and King!

By: Kaden Peterson


2 Nephi 28:32
"...nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and come unto me; for mine arm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts."

Matthew 11:28-30
 "28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and i will give you rest.
  29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
  30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

D&C 6:33-36
"33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
 34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let the earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.
 35 Behold, I do not condemn you; go your ways and sin no more; perform with soberness the work which I have commanded you.
 36 Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not."

John 16:33
"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

No comments:

Post a Comment