Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 1 at the MTC

Dear Family,


Miss you guys a lot and I love you so much! Your waiving didn't embarrass me by the way. I was glad you stayed to wave goodbye. It has been a good 8 days here in Mexico. The spirit is so strong here and I have learned so much. The food is...okay haha. We have a lot of chicken and some other meats that I'm not sure about. There is a lot of fruit always as well. The mangoes here are delicious. They are really fresh and you would love them. We have beans and rice a lot too which I actually like a lot. I usually just end up wrapping everything up into a burrito and eating it. We finally got on to a semi set schedule. The first couple days we were here were really long. We had a lot of meetings and lectures. We got here on Wednesday and on Friday we taught an investigator in all Spanish. She didn't speak any English. Since then we have taught her a couple more times which has been a good experience. I'm learning Spanish faster than I thought I could. Thanks to a little effort from me and a lot of help from God. I've learned so much about the gospel as well in the short time I've been here. What I am most grateful for though is my Savior. I've been praying for a long time because I want to know my Savior better. In the past week I have found such a deep and profound love for my Savior than I thought was possible. When I think about what he did for me I want to cry so I try to think about something else. I have so much love for my Savior and the sacrifice he made for me.


It's pretty warm here but not too hot which is good. Mexico is a crazy place. Driving here is crazy! Its a lot different than America too. It's like the ghetto surrounding the CCM (MTC in Spanish). All the houses are packed so tight.
The CCM is great though. The spirit is so strong here. I've found what it means to have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost through exact obedience. If it weren't for you guys I might not have gotten my life in order and gained the desire for myself to serve a mission and to follow Christ. I've gained such a deep love for my Savoir and for all he has done for me. I heard a quote I love. ´´Christ descended from a throne to a stable so we could ascend from a stable to a throne.´´ Since I've been here I've seen that love increase so much I have have felt His love for me so strongly.  I have learned so much since coming here. I know the church is true and I know my Savior lives. The love I have for what he has done for me is my motivation. I have seen so many blessings in my life since coming here. I know I am where I am supposed to be and that I am doing what I'm supposed to be doing and that this is the Lords work. Every time I bear my testimony or find myself in a spiritual meeting my chest lights on fire. The spirit has taught me so much and I'm so grateful for that.
Love,
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment