Saturday, September 20, 2014

My ankle is doing better - MTC week 4


My ankle is doing a lot better, I think. I can see part of the actual bone which is good. And I can limp around on it a little bit. I'm just on crutches now so that is good. I don't have a ton of time to write letters so I am going to have to keep it short. We were able to go to the temple and visitors center this past week which was really cool. We couldn't go into the temple because it's closed for the next couple months but the visitors center was really cool. What else...classes and everything are still good. Our teachers are pretty cool, they are from here in Mexico. I'm not sure if I ever mentioned that. There's not very many people that work here that are American. The doctor is one. Anyway, we also met the MTc president this week. They had been in Salt Lake because Sister Pratt had to get surgery. We had a devotional on Tuesday and it was live here in Mexico. Usually it is broadcasted from the Provo MTC. The area president of the 70 spoke and it was all in Spanish. I understood most all of it which is good. We also sang in the choir. Yep, me, I sang in a choir! Turns out I have the voice of an angel haha. I'm not even sure how we got volunteered to do that but whatever. The devotional itself was actually really good. What else, gym time stinks because I don't get to do anything but thats okay. Our schedule hasn't really changed much so I'm really looking forward to getting out in the field! Hopefully my ankle will be better, but I'm pretty confident it will be.
I miss you guys. I wish you could all be here. The spirit is so strong. I feel it in everything I do. Especially when I read the scriptures or talk about my Savior. I love D&C 19:18,19. I know I will never be able to fully comprehend what he went through. I also really like the scripture Psalms 18:2. I know the church is true and that The Book of Mormon is the word of God. I'm so grateful for my family and for all the good friends I have. I love you all.

Oh and I heard something in a devotional that I really liked, "the blessing of bringing others unto Christ far outweighs any sacrifice of things you leave behind." I'm so grateful to be here serving the Lord!

Love
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment